We met Pierce Brosnan

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pierce Brosnan Says He Felt 'Shackled' By Bond Role

August 9th, 2010

Pierce Brosnan was relieved to give up his 007 status following his stint as James Bond - after realizing he had "lost his way" while playing the iconic superspy.

The Irish actor was devastated after he was replaced by Daniel Craig as the suave secret agent and admits it took several years to regain his self-belief. But now he's convinced his dismissal was for the best.

He says, "I felt very shackled by Bond and didn't want to rock the boat. You get tangled up in your own ego of how you're perceived. You can lose your way... You can be a leading man for so long and it's wonderful but there comes a time when you have to deal with life and move over on the stage."

And Brosnan, 57, credits his 2005 comedy drama The Matador with reigniting his passion for performing.

He adds, "It was good to actually act. I have said to my agents, 'I want to work. I want to play character roles.' The Matador was a great confidence booster. I really felt like I got a transformation there of some sort."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...