We met Pierce Brosnan

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

After the Sunset

Interview by Daniel Robert Epstein, contributing editor
Pierce Brosnan is best known for his work on the television series, Remington Steele, and, of course, as James Bond in GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough and Die Another Day. His latest film is After the Sunset, in which he plays a master thief whose glory days might be numbered.

UGO: Pierce, I would have thought you and Woody Harrelson would have been interviewed together because you spend a lot of intimate time together in this movie.
PIERCE BROSNAN: I know, not quite as much as Salma [Hayek] and I. That was our first day of work, actually. I thought he was rather endearing and engaging. He likes to mess with people's heads. I think it set a tone for the rest of the movie. I had a blast working on this picture because of Salma, Woody and [director] Brett [Ratner]. When I read it, I thought it had a lot of potential to be something entertaining. It's a romance, buddy movie and a heist movie. Thank heavens for Brett Ratner.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

UGO: She was also your family?
PIERCE:Yes. I am always with my beloved spouse and the children.

UGO: Though this movie is PG-13, you and Salma still show a lot of skin.
PIERCE: It's cold, and it's winter. We've just gone through a hard election, people want to go to the movies, slap down their ten bucks and watch people have a good time.

UGO: How do you choose your projects?
PIERCE: I like to work. As a man and an actor, I like to work. That's what drives me to stay in tune with the creative process of being an actor. There is no such thing as paradise. It's in your heart and how you treat other people. You create it for yourself. This is a fantasy movie, but I like this man who has to deal with his ennui. He has this beautiful woman, wealth and everything at his fingertips, but yet, like a lot of these men who do these heists, they want the adrenaline rush of one "last job."

UGO: What made you think of Colin Farrell as the new James Bond?
PIERCE: I was in Dublin over the weekend, and they asked me.

UGO: Who would make a good black James Bond?
PIERCE: There is a man named Colin Salmon, and he would be outstanding.

UGO: What are your favorite DVDs?
PIERCE: All the Godfathers, all the Clint Eastwoods and Stanley Kubrick's work.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...